Combat – Defense
- Radars should be established around the map to observe and detect new Biter’s bases or how far your pollution cloud spreads.
To cover a continuous area, you can:
- Set up a radar and hook it up to power
- Next, you need to move in a direction.
- Also, follow the main map by using m key and head to a point where the own illuminated square is one “square” away from the current radar area.
- Put the new radar and cover gaps.
- For the far radars, you can use solar panels to generate the power. Locate turrets if they are in areas which are infested.
As what you see on the map, a Radar Station will be able to illuminate a large zone so that you can view and know exactly what is going on. They will scan much further and update data periodically. The solar-powered radars will turn off at night!
Walls and Automated Defenses
Once you don’t select the Peaceful Mode of Factorio download, you will have to get ready to welcome the worst circumstance which happens to your base.
- Walls are essential barriers to stop biters. They will be stronger if they are fortified with turrets and laser turrets.
- In the early stage, walls are not really necessary. You can defend your base with a few simple turrets.
- But, in the mid-game, you’d better build at least thick walls on areas where is opposite biter’s nests by placing turrets congregated around sensitive locations.
- For the later phase, you may want to put turrets regularly around the perimeter.
- At the end of the game, try to create an impenetrable wall. Use a 2-tile-thick wall and 2 layers of laser turrets behind as well as tiled continuously.
- Biters can approach walls to destroy turrets and machinery. Space things back with at least a tile gap beyond the first layer.
- Build Gates to allow entry and egress from the base. You can erect them as long as you desire or open when you move near them.
- Construction Bots (from your Roboports) will repair walls by giving repair kits. All walls should be built in the green construction area.
- (Regular) Turrets will need to have ammo to function. Split the stack of the ammo by clicking the right mouse on it. Then, add extra by right-clicking again.
- It’s able to build a self-feeding ammo system with conveyor belts and inserters!
- Laser Turrets don’t need ammo. They require a remarkable amount of power. Cope with the problem by using the electrical grid.
- Flamethrower turrets will launch a deadly blast of flames. Use regular or laser turrets to remove biters.
- Different Oil types will cause different damage multipliers. Crude Oil gets the least damage, Heavy Oil is more, Light Oil is the most. You are recommended to use Crude Oil with Flamethrower Turrets. Provide pipes for the turret!
- Biters which are lit up fire will stay on fire and run around until they die.
- Removing Biter Nests
- Attacking biter nests is a good idea for the defensive tactic. It will reduce the frequency of their attacks on your base. Pollution cloud is the first target in range.